Hi, my name is Ruth. I’m a #1 international best selling author, public speaker, and most importantly a mother of 2 young boys who is passionate about keeping them and other children safe, healthy and balanced online. Like most parents I adore my children, however I find there are lots of challenges to be tackled in parenting. One of these has to do with the use of technology.
It’s clear that technology has a big role to play in our lives, and that it makes life easier for us in so many ways. Whilst I appreciate the many wonders of technology and how it can help educate our children and even save lives, just like you I’ve also faced the nowadays common nightmare of managing the time spent by my children using it. At one point, if my children had their way they would happily have sat in front of their i-pad, DS or even just the TV set for hours on end…sound familiar? (You can hear more about my story in the video below).
The great news is that I’ve managed to successfully conquer this challenge in a way that has enhanced my relationship with my children. I’m now excited to be able to share my knowledge through my best-selling book “How To Keep Your Children Safe Online…And Put An End To Internet Addiction”, my monthly membership as well as my Peaceful Digital Parenting Solution. I am consistently adding fresh content to this site to help all those parents around the world facing the same challenges as I do.
Over a number of years now I’ve collated valuable insights from numerous experts, as well as drawing on my own personal experience, to answer the key questions:
* What technology is best for my children’s growth and development?
* How can I protect my children’s safety online?
* How can I guide my children to use social media responsibly?
* What are some ways I can protect my children from inappropriate content online, and see what they’re doing?
* Is there a way to stop my child being negatively affected by cyber bullying?
* What should I do if my child is talking to strangers online?
* How much screen time is okay?
* What’s the effect of too much time on electronic devices?
* How do I get my children off their devices without fits of screaming, violence and tantrums?
My aim is to provide as much help and value to as many people as possible all around the world, starting right here in Australia. The best way to find out more about how I can help you guide your children safely through their digital world is by joining me on my next live information session here.
As this site continually grows with more useful and interesting information I hope you find it helpful in managing your own children’s use of technology – good luck!